Monday, August 27, 2007

Pretend

Ok. So here's Allison this morning playing pretend:

"No no toy, we don't hit the bear."
*Hits the bear repeatedly with toy*
"You need to say sorry or you'll have a time out!" Say sorry! One....two!.....THREE! OK TIME OUT!"
*Looks at me saying* "He's needs a time out for cuz he's hitting."

Seriously, Allison does pretty good and doesn't need time outs too often...especially for hitting, but that is the one thing she decides to pick out and imitate in her pretend time. Hopefully that's not a sign of what she will recall about her childhood growing up. Does she read books to her toys like I do with her....nooo....does she play with them nicely like I do with her....noooo....she acts out the meanest part of mommy-time out time!

1 comment:

Not quite Utards said...

Don't you just love that?!? Maybe it's that they want to feel like they have authority over something and they get to be the one to tell their toys to take a time out. Who knows. I'll tell ya though, Savannah has imitated some of the good moments too. Give it time...=}