

So on to the main reason for this post...besides braging about having a little girl to do fun hairstyles on like I've always dreamed....
Father's Day was a nice relaxing one this year. Dan got a breakfast burrito in bed...(we're out of Grandma's Sycamore bread so no tastey french toast this Father's Day)... and Allison colored a cute little picture for him. Cole was sleeping in as usual so he didn't greet him with us in the morning. After church, the Dixon's, Dan's brothers, his mom, his dad and his wife all came up for dinner- flank steak and twice baked potatoes...which were the size of my head... and corn on the cob. We pretty much stuffed our faces and then rested on the couch while we watched the tail end of the US Open and it got a bit animated....as you can see in the following picture....but it was still nothing compared to the "energy" in our house the next day of the US Open with Dan's brother all worked up over it.

I told Dan on Mother's Day that every day felt like Mother's Day with the way he treats me and how much he helps around the house and with the kids, and Father's Day wasn't much different. I kept telling him to go relax on the couch but he insisted on doing something...he can rarely sit still when there's something to be done...which is why it's nice to do dinner elsewhere too. He proceeded to clean out the fridge of the old food--I know-who wants to do that-EVER, let alone on Father's Day--answer:Dan


Dan is the funnest Daddy--he chases the kids around the house and they squeal with delight. They love to play with him and go places with him. I'm always hoping for a way out of taking the kids with me on errands but Dan is always the first one to offer bringing one or both of the kids with him when he goes somewhere. He is an amazing father and I knew he would be even before we had kids. He's a great uncle too...even though he tends to rile up the kids right before bedtime...but I'm lucky to have him as the father of our kids and as my amazing husband!
1 comment:
Awesome braiding skills, mama!
Post a Comment