Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Without fail...

So yesterday morning, I got out of bed and got started quickly. I got right to mopping since my floor was disgusting---and Cole is scooting all over the kitchen floor when I'm in there and he had spit up on it twice last night. So I mopped the floor, empty the dishwasher and start the 5 loads of laundry. I even vacuumed the downstairs so I was feeling pretty good about myself and how much I'd gotten done. As the day progressed, I decided to let Allison play with play dough. I had been planning on getting it out for a few days but of course--I'm a moron and mop BEFORE we get it out. but no worries!!! I put a plastic sesame street mat under her chair and it worked perfectly. No play dough on my newly mopped floor.
Eventually night comes and I'm folding the last couple loads of laundry. I had just finished folding the terry cloths towels I had washed from wiping the floor after I mopped this morning and I opened the cupboard to put them away. They go in the back of this cupboard so as I reached back and brought my arm back out, I knocked out this bottle of SPARKLING CIDER on my NEWLY MOPPED FLOOR!!!!!! ALLLL over there is fizzing sticky cider and to add to it, a thousand tiny shards of green glass as far as the other side of the kitchen. And Cole is crying because he's hungry. Dan runs downstairs after hearing the scream I gave out to see if I'm ok and here's the best part.
Without hesitation, Dan says-"You take care of Cole, I'll clean this up." he proceeded to clean up the big sticky mess---getting a wound from the glass in the process, and he re-mopped my kitchen floor. I have the best most sweetest husband EVER! Many of you know how much I HATE mopping so you know how extremely p-ed off I was to have actually made the effort to mop first thing this morning only to destroy it with sticky cider! I've decided I'm going to start a log. EVERY time I mope--I mean mop!!--HA that was seriously a typo--EVERY time I mop, something big get's spilled on my newly mopped floor and I have ro re-mop it...every time. Why?

2 comments:

Tami said...

Ha... I hate mopping too! I put it off till the floor is absolutely disgusting most of the time. Hooray for Dan though, what a great husband.

Not quite Utards said...

DOH! What is it about mopping that we all hate so much? I love a newly mopped floor b/c I can walk barefoot around the house and not be grossed out by stepping on who-knows-what. Broken glass is the worst to clean up. We had two glass breakings last week. The first one was from Savannah knocking a bowl out of my hands and Doug was home for that. He let his dinner get cold while we ate and he cleaned up the glass. The second time, I did it (knocked a glass out of the cupboard trying to get a plastic one in the back for Savannah) and it shattered over FRESH BAKED COOKIES! I HATE THAT! That's the second time glass had shattered and ruined an entire batch of cookies. ARG! I feel your pain, sis!