So my parents are at my aunt's house in Poway awaiting word as to whether or not their newly remodeled house is still standing. It's a horrible feeling. We moved to that house in Rancho Bernardo when I was 3 1/2 in June of 1985. We have many fond memories there and Dan and I were just there overnight from Saturday to Sunday. When we left we saw the fires in the far off distance but never imagined it would literally be on their street the next morning. They left with only the computer, medicine, and a few wall portraits- including one taken of our whole family soon after we moved into the house. They just finished adding on a large family room and a second floor room and pretty much re-did everything--paint, carpet, door frames, door knobs... you name it, they did it. And a house full of updated furniture. The only news we've heard is that the 3 neighbors directly across the street from my parents lost their houses. We sit waiting. Hoping. See what we left the house looking like on Sunday on my parents' blog:
http://grandpahumberstone.blogspot.com/2007/10/theres-room-enough-for-you.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh guys - I'm hoping for you. I of course thought of your parents Krystal. The Olson's are waiting to hear too. This has been so awful. I heard there is a good chance the Sabins and Hawks' may have lost their homes too. There was a lot of fire up by the Meachams' gorgeous new home and the Huish's, Ottesons, Stones, etc. I don't think anyone really knows anything yet though. I hope Brent's work hasn't burned down, it's right accross the street and up the hill from the area where your parents are. Greg, my bro-in-law lives off of Matinal too. Glad everyone is safe though.
Please keep us updated, I hope everything turns out ok.
Post a Comment