My parents have not seen it with their own eyes but they have received word that their home was spared! Three houses across the street were burned as well as 7 on the street parallel to them and 21 on the next street over!!! We all can't believe it. They have not been let back in yet but are going to try again today. My brother sent us a google map and plotted the houses that had been burned and put a red marker on my parents' house to show how close it was. The map he made has since had many many more homes destroyed so it is not updated but for the surrounding area there in Westwood it's pretty accurate. Thanks for your prayers!!! Check out the map.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=33.04281,-117.077866&spn=0.024714,0.040555&z=15&om=1&msid=112544462747410301023.00043d20082275ecf00c2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear your parents still have a house. Those fires are crazy, I can hardly believe it! I am glad your family is safe.
Post a Comment