

We've been getting strawberries a lot lately and the last batch I got from Henry's looked so tasty but after a few baskets, I decided it was time to mix things up (I think I bought like 6 baskets of them.) So I decided I would attempt to make chocolate dipped strawberries for the first time. I usually only try something new when I've actually seen someone do it first. Instead, I just called my sister about 13 times making sure I was doing it right. Then when I was all prepped and ready to go, I realized I had no wax paper and I couldn't leave the house because both kids were napping. Thank goodness my backdoor neighbor came to the rescue and so kindly handed me her wax paper over the back wall. They actually turned out pretty cool. They tasted fantastic and we didn't even get to finish all of them unfortunately with our quick departure to Utah last week. On the first batch I decided I cut the whole in the bag too big so the white chocolate was thicker than I wanted.
Then,as you can see, in my attempt to make thinner pretty lines with white chocolate, the white chocolate had started to harden so it was getting harder to squeeze out and the bag totally busted open and pooed all over one of the strawberries.
Other than that...I'd say it was a pretty good success!
6 comments:
mmmm... white chocolate poo.
They turned out GREAT! Way to go. I'd say your first attempt was a complete success.
Tami took the words right out of my mouth.
they look yummy! (besides the poo one.)
awsome you did a great job :)
I'll take one poo strawberry please.
Good job martha!
Is that neighbor the photographer and his wife. I met them. They are very nice. And, where are my strawberries? There is no way you could eat all those yourself. You are so selfish. Never thinking of me! haha!
Post a Comment