Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Preschool"

a.k.a. "book and craft group" a.k.a. structured playgroup :)
Love love love having "preschool." Allison loves going...but with Ruth's kids gone, we went from 5 to three. The girls seem to still have a great time. I love when she comes home with little things she's done. This week, they learned about their 5 senses. Liane got a book about it from Susie and did the cutest things with them to teach it to them. It was a lot more of what I was hoping this little group would be. Emma, Olivia, and Allison are all a little over 3 and they are really enjoying going to each persons' house each week. I think Isaac will be joining us this summer...Jake? Wanna come to summer school? It would be nice to get some boys in the group and have more than 3 mom's rotating. We start at 10am and go until 12:30pm and feed the kiddies lunch at the end.

I was going to put Allison in a paid preschool next year but with our current situation, I've decided to try and save that money this year and do joyschool. Liane and I were talking about doing it together next year... and I think Susie is going to start her own preschool...which I think she'll really do great at since she is a teacher. But again I want to save money and I'm having a hard time finding others who want to do it. Joyschool is mostly focused on values like obedience and honesty which typically isn't something that is focused on in regular preschool...but I want to add a more academic portion to it. I've talked to a girl in another ward about joining her group she does but if enough people were interested, I would just do our own group. Problem is, most of the older kids around Allison's age are going to preschool already. Anyone interested or know someone who is??

1 comment:

Tami said...

Hey Krystal - I was talking about this with Shannon last night. I would definitely be interested for Danny for the next school year. Shannon was thinking something more like what you guys were doing this year though, with the younger kids (like age 2.5 - 3.5 or something). Danny will just barely be 3 in Sept. - so maybe we'll have to start up a second younger group for simple lessons and crafts. I wouldn't mind it if it was 5 kids or less and I only had to do it once a month or less. And as for joining the summer group - I think Jake might be a little too old? He turns 5 in Oct. Plus, honestly we have a pretty busy summer lined up. Might be easier to take it off... Anyways we'll all have to chat a little more. Today has been a disaster so far, hence my quick park exit. But maybe we can hit the pool tomorrow or Friday and talk some more stuff out...