I made a wreath for my mom for her birthday...well, I didn't make the actual wreath part, I just added the flowers and shtuff on it.

I sewed this cute crayon holder Shannon told me about. I got the material yesterday and sat down to make it while my kids both took naps. I'll say I was quite pleased with my first attempt...even if it is a 15 instead of 16 crayon holder...and the ribbon was inserted inside out...oops.

And last- block letters for Cole's room. Just like with Allison's letters, Dan used the scroll saw to cut them out for me after me pestering him for a while and then I just let them sit there for months. I finally painted them blue but decided it was a little too plain. (The car is just a weight since the "C" is unbalanced.)

Hmm....what do you think if I covered the front with cute printed paper?
Here's the pattern on the "C" 
and the "l"

I didn't attach the paper yet--just wanted to get an idea for what might look better. Any ideas? Paper, no paper?
9 comments:
super cute. i'm impressed! i think it looks good with the paper - but i'm all for cute patterns that aren't matchy-matchy but go well together.
Cute stuff! I like the paper on the letters, too.
Ok i LOVE those crayon holders! I had one growing up and loved it. I really want one for the kids (or 2) but am too lazy to make them. Not to mention I've never sewed anything, ever. Could I like pay you to make some? Or could you at least give me the instructions or something? Thanks.
Of course, I say definetely paper. Maybe something slightly darker though. And I would sand the edges after you attach it, it will give it a slightly worn look that is super cute.
I love the crayon holder and the wreath as well. Too fun :-)
Adorable! I like the paper, too. Gives it a little something extra. ;) I'm also impressed with the crayon holder. I wish I could do that sort of stuff.
Okay how is it that I bought my fabric a week before you and mine is still sitting in the JoAnns bag. Seriously...you have gotten a lot accomplished this week Wonder Woman. I would have to say pattern on the letters.
go with the paper!
Ok, seriously. So cute, how do you do it? I am so envious of your sewing capabilities. Can I pay you on a Saturday and you can teach how to make all of these sewing projects! You are awesome! Between you and Shannon, I am just going to go hang my head down low.
i'm probably too late- but yes, do the paper!
Post a Comment