Saturday, January 26, 2008

Speaking of errands...


The other day I decided to get out of the house and take both kids with me to run some errands. They did pretty good actually although after leaving Mervyns and getting halfway loaded back in the car, Allison said she had to go potty so I got Cole back out of the carseat, got the stroller back out of the trunk and took them inside. After potty break, I was halfway to the grocery store and realized I left my bag on the hook inside the bathroom stall. I turned around, got the kids BACK out of the car, got my bag, and headed for the grocery store again. Allison was sooo good being my helper that I couldn't resist buying her animal cookies. We got to the car and she asked if she could have a few. I parked the cart with the front part touching my tire and she climbed into her booster car seat and I said, "Let me get Cole buckled in and then I can get you the cookies. But as I went around the back of the car I heard a thump, bump, scape, and as that happened, I reached Cole's carseat and I looked across to Allison's seat and she was missing. So I ran around the other side and she was on the asphalt! She was reaching for the cookies which were in a bag on top and lost her balance and scraped her nose and forehead. I think she hit the door and then the cart on her way out so it kind of broker her fall but I still didn't see it so I have no idea what really happened. I still had Cole in my arms but I just held her while she cried that sad pitiful hurt cry :( I felt soo bad! She was such a good sport though through all those errands. I decided I'd be better off getting a sitter and doing those errands in 2 hours than the 5 it took with the kids. *Sigh*

2 comments:

amandamenghini said...

Remember when you could just pop in and out of stores really quick? Sigh...those days are over. Most days it isn't even worth it to leave the house!

Sheena Menke said...

Krystal, I cannot get over how gorgeous Allison is, she seems so sweet too. Isn't it the saddest thing ever when your baby gets hurt? Your blog is darling and I'm so glad I blog-hopped to it, your posts crack me up.