We were able to see Dan's siblings open their gifts from us. We made each of them a "cold" blanket. It's made by sewing two sheets together and tying them. We made twin size ones for Nick and Jordan, and a large Queen size for Shannon and Andrew. I sewed them together and then after the kids would go to bed, Dan and I stayed up late tying one each night. We told them it took much blood, sweat and swears to make them. We each pricked our fingers pretty good and at first, Dan wasn't so hot on the task but when all was finished, we were pretty proud of ourselves.

Next stop-my parents'-again. Down we drove another time to San Diego...more presents.
My sister made us this beautiful shadow box with black and white pictures of my parents in the middle and their parents on each side and grand parents. It took a lot of time and effort and is really a present I treasure most. My parents got Dan this frightening survival knife--it honestly looks like a murder weapon--but it has a compass, and secret compartment for matches and you could most definitely slay a beast with it and carve it up for dinner. My parents usually add something to our food storage/survival kit. I think that we're set now with that gift. Anyway, they also helped me get him a new universal remote and I got a beach tote wheeler (yay!) and a cool moving nativity like one my mom has-which Allison LOVES.

We then headed over to my aunt's house in Poway to steal some Turkey. We weren't planning on eating dinner there but dinner got moved up so we went to spend more time with my family. Dan's family tradition for Christmas dinner is Prime Rib so we were going to miss out on Turkey completely. We decided that was cruel so we stole some turkey and some delicious gello made by Leah, but we left plenty of room for our real dinner back home. So off again we went. Back at our house, we had a nice evening dinner at the dining table, while the kids ate in the kitchen. A great arrangement I thought. And then we put the kids down to bed and played a new game Dan got. I fell asleep, exhausted from yet another busy Christmas Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment