Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sucky day

Yesterday was one of those days. After the third time of shutting myself outside so I didn't have to listen to the whining for one more second, I finally broke down in tears. And who comes to the rescue? Well, first my sister-in-law. She happened to call right when I was outside in the backyard on the brink and when she called, I fell apart. It didn't help that I still hadn't caught up from staying up until 3:30am a few nights before. I think she couldn't understand me through the blubbering. She told me she would come take my kids and give me a breather. So sweet. Then, I called Dan and he said he was coming home for lunch soon so I let Shannon off the hook and calmed down and covered up my splotchy face with some make-up before Dan got home. When he got here, at least he saw the reality of what I had been dealing with all morning. Cole honestly wouldn't stop crying or whining all morning long. And to top it off, Allison had a breakdown of her own and after a hitting match with Cole, I had to take her to her room, with kicking legs and screaming in my ear. Good times. Anyway, Dan came home and I peacefully went to the grocery store by myself. Solace. I like shopping alone. Silence. Left to my thoughts. He even put both kids to bed for me that night....after Allison had another melt down at the end of FHE...love those. By the end of that night, Dan was saying we needed to put me to bed. I was grumpy let's face it. I didn't disagree. I went to bed at 9--way early for me, and got 10 restful hours of sleep.....much, much needed sleep.

Today went much better. I was so well rested. It could have also been that Allison went to Joyschool for 3 hours and I went with Shannon down to Good Will to look for a freakish costume/outfit for our ward V-day party with no luck (but Shannon did get a cool little chair) and then we went to Nordstrom's Rack to look for these jeans I would die to have....no luck again. But that's ok, it was still fun and Cole liked it because I gave him about 3 fruit leathers and 3 dum dum suckers to keep him happy. When we got home, Dan came home for lunch and then changed Cole's poopy diaper (Cole had already graced me with 2 before Dan got home) and put him down for a nap. I love my hubby. He is soo good to me. Then Allison took a nap and I had a silent house all to myself. Heaven. What did I do? I kicked my feet up with some candy and I watched a 2 hour episode of the bachelor. It was thoroughly enjoyable and by the time the kids got up I felt refreshed and relaxed and rejuvenated. *Sigh*

6 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah, I would have to say that being pregnant definitely makes toddler tantrums a lot harder to deal with. I am always so tired that I am struggling keeping my wits about myself quite often as well.
Plus I think they sense weakness, and take advantage.

lauren said...

sorry for your bad day... i am having a bad WEEK. dave is working out of town, the kids are sick, and work it demanding. oh the joys of motherhood. i feel like callin a sitter just so i can go somewhere.. i cant take them to the gym because the daycare doesnt take runny noses, and thats usually my hour or two of peace each day.... oh and did i mention dave is going out of town with my dad this weekwnd so he wont be home until sunday night!!! AHHH!!! sucks. i just try and remember those wifes whos husbands are in the military deployed for months on end and whn im about to have a breakdown think well.... it could be worse... but then again maybe their kids aren't as de-man-ding as mine.... thats enough of my tangent for now... so whens the next girls weekend again??? haha

Katie said...

I soooooooooo hear you, I do. Good thing there's really nothing some candy and The Bachelor can't fix, huh? Who's your pick this season?

leah said...

Well, you probably are a way better mother than me. I about pull my hair out every morning with Boedy's whining. I shut myself in the bathroon a couple times this morning.It's times like that when I ask myself "Can I REALLY handle any more kids?" THen I think of you and all those great moms who have 2+ kids and tell myself,"Sigh,ok, I can do it." No, I'm not pregnant by the way. But, congrats to another girl!

The Gardners said...

Oh my gosh your having a girl...Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!

Michelle said...

It's times like those (needing to take our own time-outs) that make feel crazy. It sounds bad, but knowing that other Moms get to that point too makes me feel less crazy. I'm glad you had people around to ease some of the chaos. Here's a long-distance HUG! Yay, for Mommyhood! ;)