Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's reading time with Alli and Cole

Hey, so you know how your kids want you to read the same books over and over and with some of them you're like, YA I like this book, and others you're like NOT AGAIN! Well....I decided to post about a few of my kids book favs in hopes that you might share the ones you actually don't mind reading time and time again. Then, I figured I'd hit amazon and make some new purchases! Here goes:

Fav #1 I love you through and through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
This book is so darn cute. I think it's how every mom feels about their child. Love it!

Fav#2 Olivia by Anne Schwartz
My sister-in-law gave this book to Allison when she was young and I LOVE how it reads just like how things must have happened to this woman's little girl in real life. My favorite part? The last page where the mother tells Olivia she really wears her out, but she loves her anyway, and Olivia replies, "I love you anyway too." Baaa! I just love this book.

Fav #3 Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo Willems
I ordered this from Audrey when she was having one of those scholastic book sales. One of my favorite purchases yet. It's about a case of mistaken identity between two girl's knuffle bunnies. The illustrations are a crack up and the story, again, is like a small journal entry from an experience parents had with their daughter. (It's being sold in hard back at Old Navy right now....but kinda pricey)
Fav #4 Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson

This was a luck of the pick from the library. I went online to look at other books she wrote I love this one so much. I want to buy this book for sure. It's a cute story about a witch (hello? Match made in heaven....Cole LOVES witches. (We won't go into his pronunciations of witch though) Anyway, it rhymes the whole way through and is very cleverly written. So cute!
So that's it for now. I cant' think of any other books that really stick out as my favorites. But let's hear some of yours!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Hey cool post!! We love books, and only have one from your list - Love you Through and Through - which I used to give to everyone as my stock baby shower gift. I'll be watching for good deals on those books - we are always adding to our library. thanks for the tips!

Michelle said...

We love "I Love You Through and Through" too. I'm familiar with the Olivia books because of my niece. The book I seem to read over and over (and memorize) is "Goodnight Thumper."

Not quite Utards said...

Holly's two favorite books are "I love you through and through" and "Olivia". Funny, I think you gave her both of them. =) Another we like is "Hugs and Kisses" by Chrisophe Loupy and Eve Tharlet.