Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mystery Pain

With each of my pregnancies, at around 20 weeks I've experienced this excruciating mystery pain in my lower stomach. The first time I had it I was pregnant with Allison and I was visiting in San Diego (I was living in Utah at the time) and I spent a few hours driving to different urgent cares and when I finally ended up at the hospital, the pain melted away in the parking lot, and left me thouroughly exhausted. It came back 2 weeks later but since all the hospital did last time was give me vicodin, I just drugged myself and it gave me a buzz, didn't relieve the pain, and just made me not care.
Then with my pregnancy with Cole I got it again during General Conference weekend and was in the hospital again. They suspected it was kidney stones, but I still don't think that's what it was. It came back at least one other time and I felt like I was having back labor at like 35 weeks. Shannon took me to the hospital and when the nurse who didn't seem to care finally gave me something for the pain--it was Nubane...my best friend. I felt it numb my body from my head to my feet. Then I liked her. After hours in the hospital, they finally sent me home with more vicodin, I puked on the side of the road on our way home and peed my pants while doing it. Sweet.
I'm now a little over 19 weeks and I shouldn't have jinxed myself. I'm pretty sure it was yesterday that I was saying that it was around this time with both pregnancies that that mystery pain came. And I have a bad feeling, that this pain that is emerging....is IT. I'm dreading today. Where's the vicodin.

1 comment:

Lianna said...

Isn't it just stretching ligaments? I remember a pain there, but it wasn't bad enough to send me to the hosp., I'm sorry yours is bad. Maybe you could try yoga or some massage or something. Good luck