Doesn't that just LOOK like a good time?!?! Well, it was...this is how we celebrated our friend, Wendy's 30th birthday party! Don't tell anyone I had two heaping platefuls of the food....chicken fried rice, veggie and shrimp tempura, crunch rolls (YUM!), salad, and punch! I couldn't get enough...and the way the food was displayed made it even more desirable.I'll admit, it was rude, soo rude for Wendy to choose ugly clothes as our attire....and it was actually kinda hard finding something just right....but I'm pretty sure we succeeded wouldn't you say?
I thought Dan wouldn't be caught dead wearing this sweater but he totally sported it like a pro. I think he liked that it reminded people of something Bill Cosby would wear. And we sorta ended up matching too. Scary. I think this is the first picture of my pregnant belly on my blog. Way to accent it with hyper colors huh? Ayayay.My favorite part was watching Wendy open her gift from a group of us. I knew she wanted it because we went to a store for her to get it a few weeks ago and it was GONE! She was so bummed...and that's when my plan started brewing. I called around and it was at a location where I was conveniently going to be the next day...so I snagged it and she LOVED it. (I almost had to keep it it was so darn cute!) It's so fun to get together with great friends (and not be the hostess!) Wendy's a trooper for hosting her own birthday bash....it was a huge success!
(Pictures courtesy of bluelilyphotography--for addition entertainment, view more photos from this uuuuugly party at bluelily.squarespace.com)
5 comments:
awww thanks for blogging this! It was so much fun to have all you friends there, who still looked super hot in their ugly clothes! I especially loved the fuzzy quality of your sweater.
PS the presents you gave plus the group present were AWESOME! i was thrilled and so surprised.
That was seriously good food... I'm craving it again! You and Dan rocked those nasty sweaters!!
So I think the sweaters were a total hit. The picture of you two looks like it could be a flash back from 20 years ago and that you actually picked the sweaters to match for a formal picture. It is so funny, you need to have it framed.
Thanks for your comment! You look awesome in your sweaters, btw. Hey, I have Merrilee's "The Plan" on email so if you want me to email it to me, just send me your email address on facebook. Aren't we friends on there? I'll have to check =)
You and Dan look so cute in your Cosby sweaters!
Post a Comment