
So I thought, this year for sure I won't be late to the local community Easter egg hunt. And again Dan had to drop us off and only Allison and I got to the field in time to "hunt" for treats...and when I say treats I don't actually mean candy filled eggs...oh no, they've gotten creative--and I'm not complaining-- this year Allison made out with a basket full of 100 calorie cheez-its, granola bars, gummy bears, and rice crispy treats! The Easter bunny got a little wiser this year too and filled a lot of the eggs that were hidden at our house with stickers and money, and at my mom's house, there were eggs filled with pennies, stickers, and cute erasers....so no sugar overload over at this house.
We met wonder-woman at the Easter egg hunt satruday morning...and by wonder-woman I mean Shannon....yes, at the park BEFORE the hunt began with ALL 4 of her childres--one strapped to her front, with her video camera AND digital camera-by herself while her husband so diligently attended a youth service activity (Hello?? Don't plan a service activity the day before Easter--poor Andrew.)


Afterwards, as we were leaving, we saw a Jeep Cherokee in a strangely familiar predicament. They had parked in a field full of weeds along with the rest of us and as they were driving out, their back tire got sunk in a little pit. About an hour later and with some help from other strangers, Dan was able to pull the guys' car out with the Tahoe...that handy car! (We went driving on some dirt lots in Utah once and fell half into a pit that had started to be dug for a house foundation!-I think that's why Dan was so eager to get the guy out-he could feel his pain. Our two kids...and theirs, were great while they waited.
Next stop, Shannon's house for some delicious pancakes. Shannon and I later ditched after our kids went down for naps and hit a little boutique in Old Town (with no success) and then checked off the grocery list together.
I was a little more on top of my game this year with regards to the egg- dyeing though. Instead of dyeing eggs at 11pm the night before Easter by myself,like last year (traditions die hard), I actually had the eggs boiled and ready so we (Allison and I) did them after her nap. She was very steady and careful to begin with but then she got sloppy--my cups of dye on the cookie sheet came in handy.


This morning, Easter egg hunting....

Allison and Cole got into it.

Then when he wasn't looking, guess who stole all the eggs out of his basket.

At church, poor Diana was left almost to herself up there with 10 kids...so I informed Dan that he needed to send someone from Elder's quorum up there....he looked at his assignment list--his name was there for today--so Dan served his time :)
Then off to grandma and grandpa's for a delicious ham and twice-baked potato dinner, and birthday cake to celebrate my grandma's 87th birthday (or GG as the great grandkids call her) Allison read books to her little cousing Cameron, they looked at bugs, had an Easter egg hunt, and we took pictures. Then, we had a fantastic time as we watched an old family video together and reminisced about old times. It's a good life!





2 comments:
Cute family pictures! You guys looked great for Easter. Looks like your kids had fun.
I wish I new about the egg hunt at the park. Oh well, maybe next year, if I am even here. I loved Coles blue shirt with his pretty blue eyes, and Ali was so cute as usual.
Post a Comment