I got a kiss on the cheek from Simon Cowell....yes that's right ladies...the real Simon Cowell from American Idol. I know you're jealous.
My brother and his wife were sweet to invite us to join them for a taping of American Idol last night. After a failed attempt last week, we were given VIP treatment with priority "seating" for this week's elimination night. We ended up standing on the floor in front of the stage, but we were in the back of the crowd (due to 3 out of 4 in our group being too tall for the front.) But we didn't mind being in back because not only were we able to meet Brooke's husband, mom, and two friends sitting in the seats right behind us, (who are super nice by the way), and Ricky Miner (the band leader), but we stood right along the path that the three celebrity judges passed by during each break! Which is how I was able to ask Simon for a little smoochie smooch on the cheek. My sister-in-law, Leah, thought I was so gutsy, and when my brother then asked him to kiss his wifey too, it left Leah blushing. Dan didn't let Paula get by without giving him a hug, and getting knuckles from Randy.
It was a really fun experience to see how the show worked and to see how small that place really is. It's just a bummer we have no pictures to prove it! They pretty much confiscate any cameras OR cell phones when you go in so no proof. We came home and tried to see if we were on camera but our little corner got the least coverage. There was a camera over or heads practically the whole time, so I guess I should have reached up and waved! We did see the back of Dan and James when we paused but us ladies were pretty much hidden. Either way, it was cool to do something that kind of breaks up the monotony of regular everyday life. -Thanks James and Leah!
6 comments:
No proof?? Suuurre you kissed Simon... :)
So I'm not a huge Simon fan, but I have to admit that is a really cool story! I'm glad you had an awesome experience after your disappointment last week.
How cool is that?! I'm way jealous! haha:) Darn it! That's too bad that you don't have pictures!
Eve---deep down I'm really not either--like I don't think he's hot by any means...it's just the hype he gets that I think is funny--and I do agree with him for the most part...but he really needs a new hairdo!
so fun. i totsll ylooked for you guys and thought for sure i would see the "tall couple" but nope... dang. glad you had fun.
I am jealous. That would be so cool to go. I even think Maddy would like to go. Is there an age limit? Anyway, you totally didn't tell me Simon kissed you. Andrew told me which is ironic because usually it is the other way around. Anyway, glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment