Tuesday, February 12, 2008

NoteS to self...

*Don't wait until the last day of the return policy period to return expensive jeans to store 30 minutes away in Vista...on the day you have to make sugar cookies you've never made before….for people to sell.

* Don’t leave sick, feverish, achy, sinus infected, Bronchital husband at home alone with no one to care for him for hours.

*Don't volunteer to bake sugar cookies you’ve never made—for people to sell.

*Read list of ingredients more than 2 minutes before making cookies you shouldn’t volunteer to make for people to sell.

*$4 Lemon Extract only contains 3 Tablespoons.

*Taste all white substances before adding to batter.

*Don’t add forgotten egg ingredient to completed batter.

*Flour sitting in food storage bucket for more than 4 years maybe smells musty.

*When in doubt, buy two Lemon Extracts the FIRST time.

*Just take the whole wallet in the store in case the card you just used there an hour ago suddenly decides to pretend to be expired.

*Don’t leave parking spot unless you’re sure you didn’t forget anything in the store.

*Don’t leave open bucket of old musty flour and open bucket of good sugar open with 3yr-old access to teaspoon….

*Don’t seal lid to bucket with the slam of a foot. Foot may end up with flour on it after breaking through lid.

*Don’t step!!!....where Cole drops his whole, uneaten Ritz crackers on the floor—makes for crumby feet.

*Don’t be stubborn and insist in getting one batch right after four failed attempts.

*Don’t resort to margarine after running out of real butter(16 sticks).

*Don’t add half melted margarine to salt, I mean sugar—makes for runny—not fluffy-- batter.

*Call to say you can’t bring the cookies more than 30 minutes before they are needed.

*Don’t sob in front of 3 yr old—it confuses them.

*NOTE TO SELF….GO BACK TO BED AND START OVER TOMORROW!

14 comments:

Shannon and Andrew said...

I am seriously so sorry. I am glad you were able to blog about it. Something about blogging makes you feel better. Tomorrow will be better. Seriouly could it be worse than today?@!?!?@

Katie said...

Awesome. You seriously just made me feel so much better about my crappy day!

Connor said...

Classic. Days like these make great stories once the frustration has subsided. :)

Tami said...

Oh man Krystal-- What a day! Makes a great blog post though... :)I feel for ya. Sounds like that Young Women's thing was quite the hassle all the way around. What fun...

Chantel said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Eve said...

OH, man! Sounds like a very exhausting day. Plus kinda pricey.

:(

Jana said...

Whoa! That sounds like a lot of work! I can't believe that stuff all really happened!

Not quite Utards said...

Oh geeze, Krystal. I would have gone back to bed after that too! "Calgone take me away!" I hope you took a nice long bath after that. Sheesh! (BTW, I have a yummy and easy Sugar cookie recipe for rolling and cutting out cookies if you want it.

lauren said...

oh man that IS a bad day. but putting your foot through the flour bucket? come on... thats straight out of americas funniest home videos. sorry it was a tough day, but makes for some good stories.

amandamenghini said...

I laughed out loud only because I have had days like that. that is why I don't volunteer to do anything ever.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness Krystal what a day! I hope you got a good night's sleep.

whitty-acres said...

your post made me laugh hard, but I wasn't laughing at you I swear! It just sounds like a movie script. So sad!

James said...

OH MY GOSH, Krystal! I can't believe this really happened. I am so sorry. I love that we get new days to start over. I am going to take your advice on everything.

Ashley and Aaron said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who has days like these. Thanks for blogging about it...it makes me feel less alone :)