And almost all of those cookies were polished off by a car of 4 girls in a matter of little more than 5 hours. Thus began an all too short weekend full of junk food, music, talking, chatting, gabbing, shopping, dancing, and lots of laughing.

Thanks to a hook-up through Dan's work, our sewing group booked a spur of the moment Vegas trip for a little get away time from the 24/7 shifts. Three little babies joined us including the only male in the group---witto Gavin. He was SOOO good. I know it's gonna be a great trip when Shannon and I are together-- we have so much fun getting away and playing, this weekend was no exception.
I found some great buys along the way and ate at the most missed, best Mexican food restaurant EVER---CAFE RIO!!!
After shopping and eating and staying up late getting injured during some games of spoons...
I had one of the best nights of sleep and sleeping in. It's been a long time since I've slept in past 8am--and it felt sooo good. It was so nice to not have to be "on duty" all day every minute. I had no one to worry about but myself and I actually shopped at Ross. I had lost all endurance for stores like that because I either had kids with me or was paying someone to watch them. So I was glad to take all the time in the world to find some adorable clothes. After more shopping, and more Cafe Rio it was back to the double-suite hotel room. I brought along a spa foot bath and a paraffin wax kit so all 9 of us got free pedicures :)

When I got home, the dreams of being smothered by children who missed me terribly was shattered when I got home and got Cole from his crib after his nap and he cried when he saw me, then he wouldn't even look at me, and then he leaned over for Dan to take him as soon as he saw him. Allison at least smiled at me when Dan got her from her nap, but she still had a death grip on him until she woke up a little more. I was glad it didn't really bother me...I liked that my kids love their daddy--especially the typically mom-clinging Cole. Not to mention...Dan gave me the rest of the night off and got both kids ready and off to bed by himself. It was a little rocky getting back into the swing of things but Allison was THE BEST listener today. She got in the car from Shannon's right when I asked (yes this is a big breakthrough) and she went pee and poop on the potty WITHOUT ME! Ah the sweet life of a mother. Really, it IS good to be back...I feel rejuvenated.
8 comments:
I'm so jealous! A weekend away with girls would be awesome...
That happened to me when Brent and I went to Maui for a week. When we came back Danny wouldn't come to me - he wanted my mom instead! Just slightly scarring... He wasn't even a year old though. Please thank Dan for the amazing hook-up! That was probably the nicest hotel room I'll ever stay in.
there is a cafe rio in vegas??? oh- i am sooo there!
i never thought I'd say this but I think I OD'd on Cafe Rio.
I Had so much fun, Tell your husband thank you... And that we'll be needing that hook-up again as soon as possible!
you ment to say "dishing out injuries in spoons?" RIGHT? ahhh and tell dan he's the man.
Looks like so much fun! You'll have to invite me next time (hint hint). =)
How did I miss all these awesome recaps?
I had a ton of fun hanging out with you in Vegas and I have some cash money for ya. Are you coming to sewing this week or should I bring it by before then? Email me and let me know.
Post a Comment