

How does a year go this fast? They really do grow up fast. It makes me realize that I better know what I'm doing before they grow up and I have no time left to teach them what they need to know.
Cole is soo much fun. He is growing out of his clingy, whiny stage and has turned into a smiley ball of energy--and a great napper!!! YAHOOOO!!! I LOVE his little dimples when he smiles and when a someone starts telling him how cute he is, he shrugs his shoulders, puts his head down and shakes it with a coy look. His first "word" if it is one, is "uh-oh". It's funny how we get all excited when he does something as simple as pointing at things and making sounds. I'm really looking forward to him walking...hopefully sooner than later.
I've been thinking back to the moment I knew I was going to have a son. It wasn't when I was pregnant either. One day I was sitting in sacrament meeting watching the priests bless the sacrament and I had an overwhelming feeling, and the words came into my mind that I would one day have a son of my own blessing the sacrament as these boys were. It was like a glimpse into the future.
I know the next year will speed by so I'm trying to soak up these fun times while he's young. We love you Cole! Happy 1st birthday buddy!
We had a little birthday party for him yesterday because Dan is out of town today. We pulled it together last minute so here is my spur of the moment car cake I made for Cole. He started digging in before we even finished singing to him!

7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Cole!! He's so adorable! He looks like such a little man. I hope we can get together soon.
it definately goes by faster with the second kid- I can't believe he's already a year old.
I can't believe how big he is! But I guess it really has been that long. For some reason I still picture you with a little new born.
Man, your kids are getting old! They are so cute though and I'm sure you're having lots of fun with them.
Krystal, I had no idea you had that cool experience of knowing you'd have a son some day. So cool! Cute job on the cake. You seem to work very well under pressure. =) Love you sis!
Happy Birthday Cole! I can't believe how big he is already. He is so cute.
Krystal -- I'm so glad you found our blog! Cole looks adorable...it is crazy how fast they grow. Finn is already 6 months old, Aaron and I can't believe it.
Post a Comment