Thursday, October 22, 2009

Who says is ghetto??

I've decided that Knotts Berry Farm is the coolest roller coast park ever....We decided to take a little family day and take the kids to Knotts. I've only been once before when I was like 12. I remember it being really fun but I also remember long lines. There was NO ONE THERE this time! We literally walked RIGHT onto every ride and then stayed on a few of them for more rides in a row. Those little Dixon girls are little daredevils and love roller coasters...I think it's from having Andrew as their daddy. Cole wasn't quite tall enough for most of the adults rides although he would have been game to go on them.
All of us adults felt like kids again...
(see creepy carousel---maybe that part WAS a little ghetto...)I had a sore throat a the day before and I really did it in by screaming on all the roller coasters. The kids have been asking to go back ever since...I think we'll have to make that happen!


Oh...and how could I forget, on our way to the last ride of the day, Allison decided to stow away in the basket of Shannon's double stroller....when we arrived at the ride, Drew hopped out of the front and Andrew picked Gavin up out of the back, so as Allison climbed out of the back basket, the weight of the diaper bag hanging off the bag, started to tilt the stroller onto her, and the handle hit the back of her head, planting her face into the textured cement. I saw it all happen in slow motion and couldn't get there fast enough. She held her head just crying for a while and wouldn't let me look at it. Finally when I was able to see it, she had a round, flat protrusion coming off of her forehead and the blood was right at the surface of the skin but not bleeding. And it came right under the skin in speckles because of the texture of the cement. She also scuffed the side of her nose a little. So our time playing was over, and on the way to first aid, a nice worker gave us a rubber glove filled with crushed ice. We finally made it to the first aid station, and a nice looking gentleman got her cleaned up right quick. He cleaned it and gooped on some Neosporin and planted a fat Bandaid over her forehead. The tears dried up and the handsome first aid guy got her a free Knott's Berry Farm T-shirt (since they were out of stuffed animals.) She calls it her "up and down shirt" because on it is Snoopy and the yellow bird riding a roller coaster. (Not the cutest shirt ever....but those are always their favorites right?)After a long fun day...we headed back to Temecula and ate at Oggies....the kids Zonked on the way home. It's days like this spent with family that create lasting memories!!!

2 comments:

Eve said...

That first aid story is really sweet. I don't know how Disneyland usually deals with stuff like that, but none of the stories I've heard have been that nice!

Looks like a fun time and that picture of Shannon is still cracking me up. She looks 10.

Tami said...

I love Knott's and am dying to take our kids. I grew up going there. Did you know you can get annual passes there right now for only 60 bucks?? They used to be 80! and that is with no blackout dates. I'm debating getting some. Let me know if you go again or would want to get passes...