Sunday, October 11, 2009

Drew's B-day

One thing I LOVE about living close to family is celebrating birthdays together. The Dorbon tradition is to have a family dinner on the Sunday near the person's birthday.
Andrew always makes his kids a cake and he never disappoints. There isn't anything they've asked him to make that he hasn't perfected. I think he was an artist/cake decorator in a past life or something. For Drew's b-day we went to Mulligans together, then he hit Disneyland on his actual birthday, and we carried on the celebration on Sunday with our family dinner. Check out his cool Darth Vader cake....I think the pictures still don't do it justice.
Drew and Alli are great buddies. They get to go to preschool together and see each other a lot. Drew is a ball of energy and I love how he gets so excited when he talks about something he loves....his voice gets louder and louder --just like his mommy :). He is most commonly referred to as "Drew Bud" or "Drew Buddy." He loves anything Star Wars and it's rubbing off on my kids...except Alli likes to call him "Dark Vader." He is pretty dark. It's been fun watching our little nieces and nephews grow up day to day. It just really feels like Drew was just born yesterday. I guess time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: