It's been years since I've seen some of my cousins. They are the daughters of my dad's older sister who passed away years ago.

Their kids are my age so I think of my dad's nieces more like aunts and their kids, like my cousins. It was fun getting together. We met in long Beach by "the big tree." It's the same tree that my dad and his family would come to with his parents when he was younger.


I'm hoping we get together more often in the future. Dan was a trooper for this little trip because after the beach, we sent my parents home to our house with our kids and we took Kaitlyn with us to meet Nick and Kendra for a Padres game. This was Nick's birthday present to Dan that he planned back in June. Kaitlyn slept the whole drive! We met up to eat a little something at a little restaurant that had the USC game playing. Then we headed over to the game and mid-way, Nick's Trojan's won and he had a big smile on his face....and to add to it, the Padres actually won too! So both boys were content and us girls were relieved :) Kaitlyn was so good the whole time, she ate and slept and hardly made a peep! Gotta love that Ergo Carrier!!!
1 comment:
Hooray for Kaitlyn for being so good...that is SUCH a stress reliever. And I know what you mean about being happy that the boys' teams won. Oh how I wish Aaron's mood didn't depend on how the Chargers and Cougars perform.
Post a Comment