

Ok, so motherhood is NOT always a walk in the park, but lately I've been trying to allow my kids to tell me to put things on hold to do things like go to the park! If I could just really get it in my head to put my kids before things of lower priority, I think things would run more smoothly, but since the toothpaste gobs smeared in my bathroom sink make me almost gag while brushing, at some point, cleaning the sink get's #1 priority every so often. And of course putting your kids first, doesn't mean they won't have two year old tantrums or acts of aggression due to lack of sleep. But it was about time to do something the KIDS wanted to do, even if it meant putting everything else on hold to do it. So we braved the heat in the late afternoon and took a ride over to the park (I love having a park within walking distance.) It's been so hot for so long that I'm pretty sure my kids had forgotten what a swing was. It was like breaking out a toy they hadn't seen in months. The two of them LAUGHED and giggled as I pushed them in the swing and I thought...you know what? This IS fun! What could be better than watching my kids enjoy life so completely? After a few shocking rides down the slide (literally--we kept zapping each other with electricity!) the kids were bummed to find that mom still had things to do...like cook dinner, so we headed home. Satisfied.
5 comments:
You "braved the heat"? I'm a little jealous. We're braving the cold right now. We actually turned our heater on this morning. Take advantage of the warm outdoors while you can!
I love that park, it is cool it is so close to you guys. The kids looked like they had a good time. Isn't it fun to act like a kid when you go to the park.
I think we could all take a good lesson from that. I swear, the little things like walks in the park with family are the best. Good for you guys:)
How are you guys? I haven't been blogging a lot lately but it was fun to see what you guys have been up to. Your kids are getting so big!
Sorry that comment showed up as being from "Matthew", this is Liz!
Post a Comment