Saturday, October 11, 2008

Engagement Party?

Ok, so I'm new to some of the traditions that go on surrounding an engagement so when we got an invitation in the mail for Dan's brother's engagement party I thought--oh cute! A little family and friend get together to celebrate. But then I thought, we kinda did that right after they got engaged though didn't we?
Little did I know....it is like a mini reception. I say mini, but it probably was just as big as some couple's wedding receptions.

It was held in Kendra's backyard and the decor was romantic and enchanting. Their wedding colors are this bright lime green and teal. It's really summery and I'm really looking forward to Wendy's photography at the wedding with the great color choices. Yes, that's right...Wendy's their gal...and she pulled off a complete miracle. Hopefully I don't get her in trouble by saying that the turn around for their engagement pictures in time for the engagement party was a world record...she is SOO busy and really pulled off something amazing. Everyone was ranting and raving about the pictures displayed as everyone came in. The story board seriously looked like it should be in some magazine.



Then there was this crazy table of tasty cupcakes (to wait for after dinner)--the crazy part? The special ordered M&M's--yes, the one is a picture of the two of them on it.


OK, so I'm glad I wore a skirt because I was debating on white capris or the skirt...well, everyone was in these tiny little evening dresses so I would have stuck out like a sore thumb...not that I didn't still stick out having a shirt up to my neck.. But really, it was pretty fancy. So we grabbed a little party favor--hot tamales with a congrats to Nick and Kendra on it, and grabbed our drinks...soda that is (for us anyway)...and waited to partake in catered Mexican food spread. Yes catered...and there were easily 90 people there.
It was quite the party! It really was a perfect evening---great weather, a beautiful setting, and great company...and best of all, the celebration of Nick snagging the best girl for him. I'm really excited to have Kendra as a sister-in-law and I know I've said it before but I have SERIOUSLY lucked out with sisters-in-law (not to rub it in TAMN.) Kendra and her family are one of THE sweetest most generous, thoughtful families I've met. Nick is sure lucky...and so is she! Mother-in-laws don't get much better than mine!
(Dan's dad, his wife, and Kendra's dad)

Anyway, it was a long drive, and my babysitter earned bank...maybe not as much bank as Shannon's sitter...4 kids yikes! But it was really a great evening of celebration!
I guess I have many months to prepare for the excitement of what the wedding itself holds! Aren't they a good looking couple?!

3 comments:

whitty-acres said...

hey thanks for the really nice shout out krys!

The Gardners said...

Wow fancy party! That picture of you and Dan is so cute. We miss you guys. Hey I decided to go private with my blog so let me know your email so I can send you an Invite. I love your knew background by the way...so cute! My email is aliciagardner22@gmail

Ashley and Aaron said...

That looks so amazing! How fun to get a night off from the kids and have an elegant night out!