I took on the challenge of teaching the first week---which really was just an introduction. (Sadly because I was in charge that first day, I didn't even think to take a picture of Allison on her first day of preschool...so here are some candids my mother-in-law took of her-she was ready for book and craft time a little prematurely.)
It was a bit challenging getting 5 kids--some barely even 3 years old---to sit on their mats and pay attention. It helped that we moved around from one activity to the next, and time just flew by! Of course my mind was completely consumed with preparing for my week and knowing what the heck I was doing but it really turned out well.All the kids will have gone to each person's house once so I'm excited to take on the challenge once again to teach next week and see how far they've come since 5 weeks ago.
We also received the CD's of music that go with the lessons and they are the same recordings from the tapes--yes tapes-- I used to listen to (and still have) from when I was in Joyschool. They have also added a new rendition to each song with this terribly obnoxious girls singing...I usually skip when she sings.
It's been great to see and hear the new things Allison learns. She's really done well and it's been nice to have that extra time and to spend a little time individually with Cole. Check back later to see a video of Allison singing "I've Got Joy!"
Anyway, here's some of Allison's work this month! --The Joy of the Body...

This is the first ever little person she's ever drawn! And her sweet auntie happened to be teacher that week! Thanks Shannon!
4 comments:
I think it is so great that you guys are teaching your children like this. I don't know if I would have the patients or creativity to be able to teach my kids at home.
i taught joyschool when Kinzie was 4 and it was the best thing I ever. I loved it just as much as she did.
Hey Dobrons... Matt and I finally joined the blogging world!! Just wanted to let you know. Check us out @ aliciaandmatt.blogspot
I went to the joyschool link you provided and I'm interested in doing something like that when Sean gets a little older. Very cool!
Post a Comment