Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

We were glad to leave the house for a few days and go to San Diego for the Weekend. We spent Thanksgiving Day at my parents' house and spent the night.


This is my cute nephew, Cameron.



We didn't get a very good night sleep so we were looking forward to a night without the kids for our 6th Anniversary on Friday. I got to get a much needed pedicure at the place I grew up going to in Rancho Bernardo---way worth the drive to RB over spending money on a crap massage on the pedicures in Temecula- the lady in RB massaged my leg three separate times. It was great. We then went to Escondido to visit my friend Adrea who I haven't seen in years. Her kids were so grown up and just adoreable. It was SOO good to see her after such a long time.




We spent the rest of the day spending money on the sales at Circuit City and then I helped out at this Holiday Boutique my mom put on for the fire victims. It was so amazing. I was overwhelmed when I walked in the door to see tables and tables spilling over with beautiful donated holiday items. You could feel the spirit strongly knowing that so many were willing to give.





Afterwards, we took the kids to Dan's mom's house for a sleepover. Dan and I ate at Ruth's Chris Steak House----sooooo good, but man, Turkey and stuffing on Thursday and Steak on Friday was quite the load. Anyway, we enjoyed the spa at the hotel and settled in for a movie in our room--Die hard 4. How romantic. No--really, Dan and I love to watch movies together and I figured that watching an action movie was the only thing that would keep me awake after a trip to the spa so I fell asleep to it while Dan enjoyed it. :)



The next morning, we went back to his mom's for some delicious Ebleskeevers --sp?? for breakfast, and then I headed off to the Holiday boutique again.

We stayed the night at Dan's mom's and then drove off to Vista for a baby blessing. After that, we came back to Carmel Valley to get ready for good 'ole family pictures with the Dobrons. We were a little scared as Allison hadn't had a nap in 4 days...and it showed. Allison had a pretty good meltdown before we left, about getting dressed. Thank goodness she got over that quick and we had one of the most peaceful family picture days. Everyone was very patient and smiled great.


That night we went back to his mom's again for some football watching (Dan got really into it as you can see) and we had dinner and the best chocolate malts EVER and headed home.

3 comments:

Not quite Utards said...

Wow, what a nice family picture. It turned out great! I LOVE the brown/white with Denim look. Allison's hair is getting so long! So cute.

amandamenghini said...

I can't believe you got to see adrea! that is so cool! I can't believe how much she looks the same!

Katie said...

Oh man! I would love to see Adrea! Tell her we all said hello!