It seems that I thought that since EVERY single day this month wasn't filled with something, I'd better add something else--feed the missionaries, why not?! So I was getting the dinner ready, Dan and Allison were watching American Tail together on the couch and I was trying to get the salad bowl out of the most inconvenient cupboard---the sippy cup cupboard. They are stored behind all the sippy cups on the bottom shelf so of course with no effort to prevent a big mess, I grabbed the bowl and let it knock all the cups out on the way, then I proceeded to chuck the cups back in the cupboard and shut it before they all came tumbling out. Suddenly, I hear a little voice from the family room, "Mom? Do you need a hammer?"
The searing look from me immediately followed....aimed at her daddy. Yes, most often when I'm making dinner....let's face it, I'm my mother's daughter, cabinets don't get shut, they get slammed---helloo??! When mom's in the kitchen she doesn't have 3 hands....just two to grab something and an elbow to shut the cupboard! Well, Allison has heard her daddy plenty of times ask me if I need a hammer when I'm in the kitchen, stacking glass pans, or getting bowls out.
The funniest part....Allison was so sincere, wondering if I really needed a hammer! I love how kids take things so literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That cracks me up! Kids are so cute. I don't think we give them enough credit sometimes at how much they pick up on! Very cute!
that's a cute one!!!
I am totally the same way in the kitchen...except I usually end up just leaving all the cupboard doors open which Aaron gives me crap for later when he pretends to hit his head on one :)
Post a Comment