Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letters to Santa

For Family Night this last Monday, we had the kids write letters to Santa asking him for things for Christmas...that was after we read a story about how it was better to give than to receive--talk about mixed messages. Oh well...this is the first year Allison wrote a letter and she did it all by herself. We told her the letters to write after she told us what she wanted. I had no idea she could take on a task that big! She's growing up fast. She really couldn't think of much so we sort of helped her along (since Santa has already finished the shopping for the most part.)
If you can't read Allison's it says:
Dear Santa, I want *Toy cat *Bike *doll *movies Love, Allison





Cole's was a bunch of scribbles on top of what Dan wrote on there. I copied both of them before they put them in envelopes to mail. Allison colored on it with yellow a couple days later and now I can't find Cole's currently. They loved putting the letters in the mail box. Allison helped put the stamps on. (Yes there are 2 41 centers on there---doh!) I heard the letters actually get collected at the post office and put in some random huge stock pile! I wonder how long our kids will love the wonder of Santa this much. These ages are sooo much fun to do things like this. Christmas is going to be so fun this year, even if it is a little smaller.

5 comments:

Connor said...

Does this mean that Cole has gotten over his Santa phobia.? :)

Tami said...

That's such a cute idea! I might have to copy you...

Tina said...

So fun to see pictures of your kids!

Laura said...

i still have all the letters my kids sent to santa. i might have to dig them out!!

The Gardners said...

Your kids are getting so big!! Did you guys do your annual Christmas party this year?? We're sad we're not close enough to come anymore, they were so much fun. Hope all is Well! Merry Christmas

P.S. And if I don't talk to you in a week I hope you have a very Happy Birthday too!!