
Last weekend Dan and I celebrated out 7th Anniversary! Is that possible when you're only 26? Yikes! We spent it differently than we ever have...with a STAYcation. That's right, we stayed home while someone else took our kids! We had the quiet house all to ourselves! I highly recommend it...it's really cheap! We decided to go through all our closets and cabinets and get rid of anything we haven't used since we've lived here or really in the last year. We have 2 huge garbage bags of stuff to give away and then a few other boxes of things. Cole's closet looks a little scarce after we took out all the clothes that no longer fit. It was so nice not being interrupted all day long. The best part was going where we wanted when we wanted with no worry of loading up the kids and the bag of diapers, wipes, sippycups, snacks, and entertainment that usually follows. After a long morning of getting through everything upstairs, we decided we weren't cooking and jetted over to good 'ole IHOP. I cleared my plate (not something I usually do with breakfast since my stomach usually can't handle a big breakfast early.) But since it was 11 in the morning, it was more of a brunch. And a nice lady gave us a half off coupon too! We got home and attempted to tackle the downstairs. I was dragging my feet. The kitchen intimidated me. But Dan got after it. It's amazing how much room we have now after chucking all our expired medication and a whole cheapy plate set we never used...and those mugs that always took up room never getting used. Finally by the evening we were done and we got all dressed up to go out on a date! We headed for SHOGUN because I was craving some California Rolls. Then we went to see a movie...Twilight (for my second time). It was so nice not to worry about paying a sitter or wondering if the kids went down ok. When Dan met his mom the next day to pick up the kids, Nana told us the kids were GREAT! No fighting, no crying and they went down so good--that's what happens when Nana doesn't make them take a nap! We're so lucky to have her close to watch the kids for us!
Here's a cute little flashback of when Dan and I were dating.
It's been 8 years since we met. The years have gone fast, but each year just gets better. We played a fun game while waiting for our food at the restaurant. We took turns telling each other something we've learned about the other since we've been married....here are a few we came up with...Dan said, "You get REALLY cranky when you're hungry."
"If I weren't home, you'd probably watch My Best Friend's Wedding every night." (OK, maybe alternated with Serendipity)
"You hate falling asleep on the couch and then having to go up to bed in the middle of the night."
"Your least favorite thing to do is mop."
I said, "You don't like taking medicine even when you should."
"You could eat Mexican Food every day."
"Right now you'd prefer to play the guitar over watching TV."
"You hate doing the dishes." (But he does them nearly every night anyway.)
On special days like our anniversary or my birthday, Dan is always sure to be at my beck and call. He really sneaky about it though and jumps up to get me things if I mention something I need, or he cleans up after everyone. He changes all the diapers, bathes the kids, and puts them to bed. He's such a sweet husband and has ALWAYS been very responsive to my needs. He almost never gets defensive which makes bringing up concerns way less intimidating, and one of my favorite things about him is that is is ALWAYS trying to find ways to be better and do better. He hears counsel from our leaders and applies them right away to his life, he is an instigator of FHE and attending the temple, and he truly is an amazing and involved father.
I'm pretty sure some of my family thought I was crazy when they found out I was getting married so young and so quickly after meeting Dan but I truly feel that he was and has been the man of my dreams who filled every thing on my wish list for who I wanted in a man and a husband.
I love you babe....Happy Anniversary....and here's to another 7 years of plenty!
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are adorable!
Happy Anniversary! I totally thought about you guys that day. Love you lots and hope I get to see you over Christmas/Your B-day.
Happy Anniversary, what a sweet message! I am glad you two have each other. I don't think either of you could ask for better.
Happy "late" Anniversary! Your posts are always so fun to read, Krystal. You guys are so cute together and you too make the cutest babies!
Post a Comment