Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Walk in the Park

We got a flier from some new church coming into town...and they were having some sort of kick off party at the park with a bounce house, free popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones. I'm all in for free fun on a Saturday so we headed over. The kids had a blast....but it was blasted hot that day. Kaitlyn had her first taste of cotton candy


and the kids tongues were blue from Snow cone overdoses. I had a nice chat with the lady who was starting the new church with her husband. She made some comment about the house they just moved to and how she thinks the previous owner must have been Mormon because of how many rooms there with the add-ons. She then added that she thought maybe they didn't believe in birth control. I chuckled and added that they do....and by "they" I meant "we." She then took her foot out her mouth and tried back peddling a little. It was pretty funny. That is one thing I love about living here in Temecula. There are so many family-oriented and God-believing people, I feel really blessed to be able to raise my kids here. So if you're thinking of moving and don't know where to go? COME HERE!! We love it....especially on beautiful weekends like this one.

1 comment:

Tami said...

ha - i love that first picture of you and Dan. what a crack up! freeloading cotton candy off some poor unsuspecting church...