
We begged and begged to have a trunk-or-treat last year for Halloween. We got the shaft. BUT! We were promised one this year, due to the day falling on a Sunday. These things are the best. Dinner (that I don't have to cook), lots of candy in a short distance, with people I trust. Sounds pretty perfect to me! I wore my Jeanie outfit I made a few years ago before I had Kaitlyn, and Dan borrowed an Airforce uniform to be my Major Nelson. Allison was easy to please with a cheap witch costume, which I then had to enlarge the opening of the hat for day of. Cole went for the pirate costume, and Kaitlyn perfectly fit the giraffe costume I bought a year ago on clearance.


We had Allison's school Festival the Friday before Halloween.....which she looked forward to and asked about almost weekly since the day after last years'.


Then, we had the trunk or treat at the church which I was in charge of with the activities committee. That night before Halloween, we went to a Halloween party and I got a pretty good ab workout from laughing.

I'm pretty sure Dan added a bruise or two to the thigh, and I contributed to a huge dent the the wall--doh!

Needless to say, we had a pretty freakin' good time. The costumes were great,

the company was even better,

and it was topped off by my least favorite movie. The Ring. *Shiver* The next day (on Halloween) we had dinner with the whole family at Kari's house, and we played games and the kids handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Shannon and I might have gone to see a haunted house or two in the neighborhood.

The kids overall were really great about not going out that night and almost had more fun handing the candy out!

No comments:
Post a Comment