Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mud spelled backwords is dum




So our friend Chantel brought up a great idea to do a mud run. It was brought about in an effort to work towards a goal and to do it together with friends. I got on board and Shannon did too....and no one else got on the bandwagon. For the days leading up to the event, I started regretting signing up. But after getting there, I was glad I was trying something new for once! I had been runnning on the treadmill here and there, seeing how long I could run straight without stopping. I made it a mile the first time, and maybe almost 2-ish the second time. I was a long way away from the days in cross-country where a 45 minute run was the usual and it felt really good. My endurance after 3 kids and no training was pitiful. But when we got there, we started at a good steady pace. I had an advantage with my long legs (I'm refraining from calling them lurpy...oops, I did it) There was hardly any mud for the majority but the end made up for it. They made you crawl on your stomach through a pit of mud at the end....and I may or may not have flung some mud behind me just in case the other girls weren't taking advantage of the mud puddle. At the end, we bathed in the lake to get all the mud off. When we finished, I was really really glad I did it and it makes me want to do another one. Now, if they could just pay ME to run it instead of me paying them! Thanks Chantel for the great memory to add to my book of life!!!