Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1st day of school

Allison's first day of school went smoothly. It was a nice morning and we discovered as we walked together, that we can walk to school easily within 5 minutes.
Ally was way more stylish than I was on my first day of Kindergarten. (I kinda wish I had her shirt!) I guess anything is better than the black washed denim overall-dress I wore on my first day at Kindergarten. It even had different colored cordoroy pockets...two on the sides and one right in the front. Sweet. This gal looked so cute on her first day of school!



She wasn't too nervous, but she did have her shy face on.
She seemed fine and I didn't want to ruin that with my own tears so I had to swallow them down a couple of times. Her teacher couldn't be a more perfect match for our Ally. I feel so blessed to have gotten her as Ally's teacher. Ally needs someone who can meet her needs emotionally when she's having an off day and Mrs. Breen is just the teacher to do that. Luck of the draw had it that Ally and her buddy/cousin, Drew ended up in the same class! I think this made the transition even easier for her. The first day was pretty low key with it being only about an hour long. She even got to play on the little playground...I have a feeling this is where she'll be for most of her recesses.

We are bummed that her good buddy Danny isn't in her class but she does get to hang out with him at recess and I foresee a lot of fun play dates together after school!
Allison is more than ready for Kindergarten. I know she'll do great. I can't believe I'm a mom of a Kindergartner!

1 comment:

Jen said...

When did you sneak this post in? Ally looks so beautiful! I can't believe you've got one in school already!