Sunday, August 10, 2008

John Mayer concert

So out of all of you I emailed about joining us for the John mayer concert in San Diego, only one of you was a taker, and what great company it was---Lauren and Dave came with us to the most entertaining concert I have ever been to. Colbie Callet (who Shannon and I saw in St. George) opened for him. The concert was worth every penny. We had really good seats but I would have forked out even more to see him even more up close. John Mayer was AMAZING in concert and sounds amazing live! He is even more talented on the guitar than I ever imagined and his solos left my jaw gaping open in awe. Plus- I was really lovin' the shaved head look on him--- watch out Michael Scofield! Ok, so when you see him close up, Michael still has one up on him, but still, he walked out and I didn't recognize him at first and then I was like, awe yeah baby! We will definitely go see him again.





This was our lovely view and few rows ahead of us...sweet.


My camera ran out of batteries! I was so bummed....but here's a short clip of a guitar solo.


For a sweeter solo view this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQLvYdpKd0

5 comments:

Megan Conrad said...

Jealous! That looks like it was a great concert. By the way, I love that guys comb over:)

Tami said...

I've really started digging John Mayer lately - if you sent that email out again, I might definitely be one of the takers this time! looks fun.

Shannon and Andrew said...

That comb over is sweet. I still think the guy from the cruise takes the cake with his sweet speedo we had to stare at all week.

Michelle said...

I would have loved to go, but this has been a very difficult summer for us and the timing just wasn't right. I'd love to see John Mayer one day. I've been a fan for a while. Glad you had fun!

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a blast! :)