Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Red Letter Day!

So the other day I was thinking, "I should just call the Del Mar Fair to see if my camera happened to be turned in." But before I did, I get a phone call from Disneyland. Disneyland you say? That's weird. That's what I thought. So a really nice lady says to me, this is so and so from the Disneyland Resort. And I'm like, ok....? And she says, we have a guest that has found your camera and passports! (Referring to my Disneyland season passes.) I was confused. Really confused. I didn't leave my camera at Disneyland!? Then she added, she said she found it at the fair. I was like, "are you serious!?!? Are you serious?!?!" She was all cheery like, "yeah, she said she found it with your Disneyland passes in it so she decided to see if we could contact you." It all made sense. I guess the last time we went to Disneyland, I forgot to take out my passes. I put them in there because I usually just carry my camera case around when I leave the stroller for rides. Crazy thing is, I didn't even realize my passes were in there until I got the call! If I would have realized that I really would have freaked. So she says, "She gave me her name and number for you to contact her." Still in shock I took down the info and thanked her like 10 times. Then at end of the call she says, "Have a magical day!" Sooo cheesy I know but so fitting and funny at the same time.

So I call the number ---a 951 number by the way (meaning local to me--- only to get a voicemail but while leaving the message, she calls back. When I answered she explained that she and her husband had found my camera on the choo choo train ride late that Saturday night we went, which was the last ride I went on with the kids. They figured it would be safer with them as they tried to find the owner than to trust a worker at the Fair's lost and found.....I am SOOO glad they did. She then told me she lived in Menefee! I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure how many times I told her, "There are good people in the world!" I know so many people I told about my lost camera pretty much said, "Good luck getting that back! No one's going to return it!" I really had just settled with the fact that it was gone. I was so grateful for her honesty and making the effort to find me. Funny thing is, she actually googled me and found my blog and if you look at the comments under my post on the fair, she had just posted a comment telling me she found my camera!

I guess it was a good thing our passes were in there or it would have been unidentifiable. Crazy huh? I know. So if you think there are no miracles these days...think again. It was truly and answer to prayers...a lot of prayers... and it really was a tender mercy from the Lord. He could care less about a stinkin' camera but because it's important to me, I know it's important to Him. Yes! There is good in the world!!!!!

11 comments:

Eve said...

That is really sweet. What a thoughtful woman to go through all the trouble to find you instead of risking that your camera be taken by someone less honest.

Tami said...

YAY!!! I love stories like these.

Megan Conrad said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! I am so glad that you were able to get your camera (and passports) back. It's so true, He really does take the littlest things into consideration.

Heather said...

Hi Krystal, It's me Heather! I promise I'm not stocking you. I just wanted to check back and see if you made a post about getting your camera back. It made me feel so good to be able to find you and return your camera to you. According to your blog and speaking with you, you and your family and friends are very special people. It was a really good feeling to help out such a good person! I wish you and your family and friends the best! Take Care and have a fun and safe 4th of July!

The Archibald's said...

You are so nice love ya! Look at your two cute blondies! Hope all is well with the family. We've got to get together when this crazy summer calms down. Miss ya lots!

lauren said...

wow! what a miracle and what a nice lady. and yes every so often i find that there are really good people in the world. crazy story, glad you gat it back!

Christian and Karina said...

That is the coolest story ever, I got chills. I am so happy for you and to know that there are good people out there!

Christian and Karina said...

That is the coolest story ever, I got chills. I am so happy for you and to know that there are good people out there!

Jen and Bryan said...

hey stranger! thanks for getting in touch. one of these days we'll all have to get together while we are in SD. We're here right now but only through the weekend. Your kids are darling, btw.
Jen (Meacham)

Shanda said...

What a great teaching opportunity for your children! Heavenly Father does indeed hear & answer our prayers! I lost my wallet, complete with birth certificates, Immunization records, EVERYTHING (we just moved for the summer) and some kind family found it in the parking lot at Target & returned it to our apartment (I just happened to have Dan's first pay stub complete with our summer address in my wallet). There are a lot of wonderful people out there! I am very grateful for them! --By the way, I'm Dan Evans' wife--he served his mission with Dan in Brazil. We hope your family is doing well! Its fun to catch up on your blog!

brit.brat said...

craziest story. that is awesome that you found it. hooray for you! now come and get your m.a.c.makeup!