Sunday, July 27, 2008

Carnival


Our friends put together a carnival-themed party for their little guy who just turned one. It was OVER the top as always --she creates these things in DETAIL.There were hand-made decor including the flag banners. She even dressed the part! We had a ball toss to win a real goldfish,
and face painting (We could only get our kids to get their hands painted because Cole doesn't sit still EVER and Allison was being too shy.)
They had "fishing" too where you throw your line over and it comes back with a prize attached! The food was all so cute too...different flovored cupcakes of course with a tiny flag on a toothpick in EACH one with little Beck's face on it, corn, THE BEST watermelon, nacho chips, corn on the cob, and popcorn enough to feed an army. Of course we can't forget the goodie bags to go of popcorn and homemade animal cookies! Not sure how she'll top this one of in years to come! It was a good time though and it was nice to be with old friends.

11 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds fun. Man, I read that wrong and thought that each kid that went fishing pulled up a cupcake, corn, and watermelon. I was trying to envision how that would work and not having much luck. Geez.

Anonymous said...

Nacho chips on the cob!? That sounds quite good. Would you be so kind as to send me the recipe?

Shannon and Andrew said...

Brittany does amazing things with these parties she throws. I love the pictures on the pickle jar.

The Dobrons said...

So like do people just search other people's blogs to find mistakes in them to comment on? Just wondering.

brit.brat said...

hey.. it all made prefect sence to me. thanks for the post!! we were so glad you guys could come. and help clean up!!

Anonymous said...

Blast! So there is no such thing as Nachos on the cob? I thought perhaps one stuck chips into a cob of corn and covered the whole thing in cheese. It sounded pretty good. I think I might still try it. In answer to your question: No, I do not search peoples blogs for mistakes to comment on. I am Dan's cousin and I read your blog fairly regularly to keep up with family that I don't often see. I am the offspring of Craig and Shawna, but I use an alias because I am still somewhat wary of the internet. Please forgive my intrusion into your blogspace.

leah said...

Woah- that party was crazy! How in the world does she pull stuff off like that? I can barely find time or energy to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies and I just have one little 10 month old! She is my idol!

Jessica said...

Thats a lot of work for a first birthday. Looks like a lot of fun though.

The Dobrons said...

Ha! It all makes sense now.Not so creepy anymore. I think you should try the nachos on a cob then and tell us how it turns out Percival of Berkeley :)

Megan Conrad said...

That's awesome!!! It reminds me of the quarter carnival that all of the kids in our neighborhood do in the summers. Good times:)

Jana said...

Ha ha this is really funny!
I really did think there was something called nacho chips on the cob... although I couldn't imagine what that would be.