Here is a positive update from the mom of the Dobron kids...
Allison is going on the potty!!!! She has had a few accidents but lately she has been catching herself and doing so good!! We even went to someone else's house tonight and she was in a pull-up and she told me she had to go and she went on their big potty! (Which relieves me so maybe I don't have to clean out that little potty 5 times a day.) Now if she could just get the other business down...it too will come I'm sure but lately with her using the potty I feel like, well, kinda like I used to after taking a long semester class that I worked really hard at and getting an "A" as my final grade. After feeling like earning B's C's as a mom lately, I feel like I've finally achieved something. I'm not sure who's more proud that she's going on the potty--her or me. When I get all excited and tell her I'm so proud of her, she replies, "You're welcome." I just laugh because I think it's funny that she feels like she's doing ME a favor (which she is of course because I'm not filling up the diaper pail every other day, but hello?! Who wants to sit in it?!)
So for anyone out there ready to try. Plan on staying home a while, and go straight to big girl/boy pants and set the timer for every 15-20 minutes. I used 2 peanut M&M's as my ploy to get her to sit on it everytime and fruit snacks or a sucker for a success! For the other business, we're bribing with ice cream. I think I might have to start slipping Colace in her drinks! We'll have to go to marbles in a jar to earn those things once she gets the hang of it but whoooweeeee am I stoked about it. Thanks for the inspiration Chelsea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for Allison and you! Two in diapers is no fun and very expensive!
that's awesome! we just finished potty training hudson- hard to believde how much work it is until you try it.
hi krystal ,
we did reply to your e-mail the other day but are unsure if you received ours .
can you please let us know .
kind regards
brent
Post a Comment