We then decided to say goodbye to the beach and do a little shopping at IKEA. We spent more than we needed to, crammed all our purchases into Dan's tiny car, and headed for our last stop- Ruth's Chris. We had some gift certificates there and used them up quickly. After an enjoyable early evening of dining, we rolled ourselves out of there and headed home. It's a amazing how just a night and day away together can.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Surprise get away
For Dan's birthday this year, I went out on a limb and packed our bags...without him knowing, and hired his mom for help. First stop, we headed to San Clemente to go to Javier's for dinner. He had been craving it for months and I was too. I secretly got his brother and his wife to meet us there.
Surprise number one accomplished! Next was surprise number two. We headed to the Hyatt in Long Beach for night. It was an.....interesting excursion. I'm pretty sure the couple in the room above us were on their honeymoon. I've decided that the Hyatt in Long Beach needs to invest in some DW40. Needless to say, we headed out of there fairly quick that next morning and entertained ourselves in a game of tennis at a local tennis club. It was really fun playing together. Dan is really good. I am not. It was fun to be active together though and to do something fun with just the two of us. It was pretty hot, and I got pooped pretty quick.
We then headed to lunch and the next plan was a bike ride on the beach. As we got to the bike rental, Dan got this great idea to rent a double surrey and explore the boardwalk that way. It was pretty entertaining but MAN was it a workout. I felt like I was on the easiest speed of a 10 speed bike and was pedaling 30 times to go 5 feet.
After a while made the long trek back, and sustained our tired bodies with a large order of funnel cake with ice cream on top. Nice lunch eh? People were staring at us while we ate it. It was pretty indulgent.

We then decided to say goodbye to the beach and do a little shopping at IKEA. We spent more than we needed to, crammed all our purchases into Dan's tiny car, and headed for our last stop- Ruth's Chris. We had some gift certificates there and used them up quickly. After an enjoyable early evening of dining, we rolled ourselves out of there and headed home. It's a amazing how just a night and day away together can.
We then decided to say goodbye to the beach and do a little shopping at IKEA. We spent more than we needed to, crammed all our purchases into Dan's tiny car, and headed for our last stop- Ruth's Chris. We had some gift certificates there and used them up quickly. After an enjoyable early evening of dining, we rolled ourselves out of there and headed home. It's a amazing how just a night and day away together can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment