Saturday, June 26, 2010
Puppy love
Dan was on a plane ride home and read an article about a military man, home from war, with PTSD. His cure? A beautiful black lab. Dan fell in love with it just through the pictures and decided that we should go take a look at the pet store with the kids that next weekend. We went to Puppies for less (I didn't like the name) and Alli LOVED looking at the puppies from the window. 
Then we found a beautiful black English Lab and asked to see him. He was a feisty little thing. He didn't quite bite but he sure liked to playfully try. Alli had enough of it after a minute and watched from outside the fenced off area.
Then we decided to see his roommate....a rare white English Lab. She was SOO mellow and cute and playful. She'd pounce around a second and then just sit content. I'll have to admit, as much as I don't want another small one to take care of, and all my friends with dogs seem to wish they didn't, I was falling for this sweet little girl.
I hugged her and pet her and then we put her back and went on our way. I did get in the car with white dog hair all over, which helped me get over it faster. It was a fun little excursion with the kids anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment