Monday, April 7, 2008

Girl's Weekend....again!!

Shannon and I are spoiled. We hit the road once again (our second time in little over a month) and drove this time to St. George to meet up with some girlfriends from Highland, Utah where Dan and I used to live with Shannon and Andrew. After sitting in traffic for almost an hour and going less than two miles past Zyzzx Rd, we finally discovered the cause of the hold up--a melted semi that was carrying now burnt heads of lettuce. Seriously though, if the guy didn't get out, he for sure was burned to death--pretty crazy. Gavin was an excellent car baby and made for a nice trip...Shannon and I gabbed our way there in a flash but not before stopping in Vegas for a little makeover at MAC.


We stayed in a Parade of Homes home that one of the girls is trying to sell for 5.9 million dollars! I think I heard it was 10,000 square feet, but it only had for bedrooms. Shannon and I got the casita with a microwave, fridge and bar area (none of which we used). Each bedroom had an attached bathroom and shower. Downstairs there was the 4th bedroom and a cool theater room, a workout room (which actually got used while we were there--NOT by me)-with one mirrored wall . There was also a panic room that looked like a vault with storage shelves and a toilet, sink, and shower. There was a salon room downstairs with a steam shower and sauna and an area for a masseuse to come...which we DID take advantage of--I got my massage from the granddaughter-in-law of President Faust. She had some great stories--including one where she got pregnant with twin girls only four months after delivering her second boy via C-section. Yikes! She was a tiny lady too!
We had to visit our favorite food places there and we managed to hit all of them, The Pizza Factory for tasty bread sticks, Cafe Rio (of course), and Neilsons Custard for some ice cream--oh and Ice Burg for a butterfinger shake.
The night after we arrived, we were treated to a concert by Colbie Caillat. We saw her at the Tuacahn outdoor theater. It was really a cool set-up with the beautiful red cliffs behind the stage. Her lead guitarist opened for her and he was really good. His name is Tim Fagan and he was a bit better with the crowd than she was but the whole thing was still really enjoyable.



It was perfect weather so we were able to lay out by the pool and get a few shades darker....the pool was three part--a top level with a small jacuzzi, a middle level with a 2 ft. deep pool, which poured into the third bottom level deep pool. I really meant to get pictures...oops.
Our last night there, we ate at a nice Seafood Restaurant called the Painted Pony. I tasted some delicious crab cakes and some steak. Our friend Hillary showed us some hidden talents that night that were quite amusing. She has a crazy tongue that can do some crazy things like suction cup to glasses and pic them up, or roll it and actually sip from a cup like a straw.
It was fun to be "off -duty" once again and to relax and gab gab gab. I DID sleep in until like 9am but does that really count when you go to be at 2am?
Anyway, again, our husbands are amazing and sweet to let US get away while they are suffering from grueling days at work.

My kids were happier to see me this time...which made me happy. No mishaps when I got home, but my welcome home present came this morning--Cole had a major and when I say major I mean MAJOR diarrhea diaper blowout---I came in to poo all up his back, down his legs, on his sheet, crib bumper, and teddy bear. EEEEEW! I got on the gloves at the laundry room sink and scrubbed away--back to life, back to reality.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Lucky lucky girls! Looks like you've got 2 big gangs of gal pals. Oh and I loved the last post about Dan being a good Daddy. We are seriously all so lucky to have such awesome husbands...

Megan Conrad said...

Jealous! That sounds like a TON of fun! See you guys soon:)

Shannon and Andrew said...

I love that I found my best friend when Dan found you. How lucky was that. I am so glad that we have the same group of friends and that we have such fun times together. However, I am bummed that you always post before me. I guess people get to read it two times. Love you.

Christian and Karina said...

That sounds so very, very fun. I must admit, I am extremely jealous! I am very happy for you and Shannon that you have each other, great husbands, and 2 great groups of friends. Rock on!

The Brockbanks said...

I love your blog!! That trip was so much fun. It was good to see you and Shannon. I loved just hanging out. I look forward to our girls trip every year! Now with our blogs we can keep in touch better :)

leah said...

Krystal- how do you manage to do it? Two getaways in a month? You have a great husband! I love your blog- it's so fun to read about what's going on in the exciting life of the Dobrons!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Sounds like such a blast! My sister lives right by Tuachan so I've been there a couple times...it is such a beautiful place to see a show! If you're ever there around Christmas time, they have a really great 20 minute Nativity show with lots of real animals that is free...and free is my favorite four letter word!